Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi I just bought an Apple Macbook Pro Late 2011 with OS X Lion I would like to know whether I should upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion Thank you Is OS X Lion a very bad OS X?

Hi I just bought an Apple Macbook Pro Late 2011 with OS X Lion I would like to know whether OS X Lion is OK for my work or whether I should upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion Thank You for the replies

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Lion

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 6:48 AM

"Thank you Is OS X Lion a very bad OS X?"

No.

We don't know what your work is but I would stick with Lion and get some experience with your new MBP. Then in the future should you wish to upgrade then do it.

13 replies

Aug 19, 2012 6:53 AM in response to usacomvio

Hold your horses dude. My iMac and MBP having graphics glitches when playing games neither in Mac or Bootcamp with Windows. Sometimes screen even slashed into half and freezed. Wake up from sleep also have graphics issues, like I need to use the crusor to oaint out the grey login screen, if not, it will stay white. Slowly moving the crusor will paint back the grey background. All this happened on Mountain Lion and I'm looking for ways to get back to Lion.

Aug 19, 2012 7:09 AM in response to sig

Hi Thank you a lot for all these I think I will stick on with OS X Lion than upgrading to Mountain Lion because I can see that there are lot of Battery issues on Mountain Lion Thank You for helping me And I use my Macbook Pro for Literature, Programming and Web surfing and I also do a lot of research work on it And I want a good battery life and at present I do have a good Battery Backup Thank you

Aug 19, 2012 7:16 AM in response to sig

By the way you told in the discussion that many of them are using Mountain Lion without any issues How can you say that when there are lot of people complaining about the battery life Please I am in a controversial state as to whether I should upgrade to Mountain Lion or stick with OS X Lion Please help me Thank you

Aug 19, 2012 7:49 AM in response to usacomvio

No, don't upgrade first. Cause Mountain Lion just released for not even a month, still quite buggy and many are complaining in the forum regarding to battery life and graphic issues. 4 of us upgrade to Mountain Lion and 3 knocked a few issues, but mostly on graphics. Now my brother kinda regret. So don't do it first, wait for awhile then you will be happier with your new machine.

Aug 19, 2012 10:41 PM in response to usacomvio

Just a caution when reading this forum for ML information ...

Over 3 million have downloaded ML. Count the number of "complaints and b*tching" like some in this thread, and you will find the number in the thousands. Simple math will tell you how many users have enough of an issue, real or imagined, to actually say so. Most users who are happy are too busy just using it to say anything.

Now, as a reminder, you can download ML and load it on an external drive. That way you can play with it to see what issues *you* may have based on your specific uses. Of course external drives will respond more slowly than internal drives, but you should know if certain applications do not open.

Also, check this site for applications that simply do not work under ML as "research": http://roaringapps.com/apps:table

Hi I just bought an Apple Macbook Pro Late 2011 with OS X Lion I would like to know whether I should upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion Thank you Is OS X Lion a very bad OS X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.