Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In and Sent mail missing how to recover?

Running latest version of Snow Leopard. Switched over to iCloud before the drop dead date. All has been fine until this morning when my In and Sent boxes were empty of all messages. Archived and mail moved to other folders remain.

Rebuild remains greyed out. Take accounts offline and online is also greyed out.

Time Machine from last night's final backup displays the messages, but after two tries the restore function does not seem to restore the In or Sent box messages. All messages are on the server and on my iPhone and iPad and all appear in Time Machine. I just can't get them to restore.

Outgoing Mail Server is smtp.me.com.my name

How do I get mail in Snow Leopard to start playing nice with iCloud again and resync my In and Sent folders?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 4 gigs ram

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 8:38 AM

You are still using the Mobile Me servers which have shut down for some and are shutting down for everyone else.

You will have to make a new account using the server settings required by Apple [look here]: additionally you will have to setup the account manually, see below.

User uploaded file

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4864

3 replies

In and Sent mail missing how to recover?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.