Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cutaways with transitions?

Hi, Im using iMovie '11. I figured out how to use cutaways, and I'm using an audio track from iTunes and pictures from iPhoto. I am also using cutaways in my video, but they are still images from the internet which I lowered the opacity on.

So my question is:

I want to do transitions while I have a cutaway. How is this possible... I know it is... but I don't know how.

Also, if you have time... I want a moving cutaway? Like an animation? Where could I get that?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 1:17 PM

1 reply

Aug 19, 2012 10:09 PM in response to abiwin6

Hi

Can not give exact answer - BUT - how this use to be made as iMovie only allow one effect at a time and sometime much more complex sequences are needed. This is done by Export and re-Import

To create a complex Sequence

• Create a new project for this Sequence

• Add clips and add one effect e.g. Cutaway

• Export this as full Quality QyuckTime .mov

• Import this to Event's

• Create a second New Sequence

• drop-in new clip from Event's and add next Effect

• Export

Iterate till full set is done - (till it looks as You like it)

Animated Cutaways - moving cutaway

Really - here my fantasy hit's the wall - Have no clue to what You want. ? Moving Pic in Pic ?

If such - then You need FinalCut (I think - I use FCE 4 and FCP 6 - and love it)

Yours Bengt W

Cutaways with transitions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.