Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do do I change the safari default search browser from google.co.uk to google.com on my iPad?

I go to school at Phillips Exeter Academy, and I live in Lagos, Nigeria. Unfortunately, my iPad's Safari decided that the version of google in the the default search box should be google.co.uk instead of google.com or even google,com.ng. It is very annoying as I get results that are geographically out of context whether I am at home or in school. Any suggestions in how to change it?

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 5:26 PM

Go to Settings > General > International and make sure your settings are for the country you live in.

9 replies

May 28, 2014 10:31 AM in response to Duminator

I live in the US, but want to use: metric, UK date format (day month year), and UK English, with US locaiton settings and US currency. I really want these settings to be separated instead of just having them as one default for every user in a 'region'. I mean seriously think of how rude that is to people around the world that live or travel in one locaiton but want settings from another.

Clearing my cache does not stop Safari from using google.co.uk as my default even though My Current Location is known. I want local search results, for Portland Oregon, not results for London. I want prices in USD not GBP.

How do do I change the safari default search browser from google.co.uk to google.com on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.