Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Zoom Problem? Safari keeps zooming OUT.

Since upgrading to Mountain Lion, I've had a problem with Smart Zoom. Using a Magic Mouse, I'm aware that it's a double tap to zoom in and another to zoom out. I actually like this feature and use it frequently enough that I don't want to have to turn it off to solve my problem.

The issue is that pages seemingly randomly zoom OUT and the text becomes very small. I do not know what gesture is doing this and it happens ALL the time. If I double tap, it zooms in, but it is the enlarged zoom in, as if I had done it from the normal text size. I have to hit cmd+0 to get it back to normal. It's become very annoying and I can't seem to find any info on it; everything out there is about zooming in, not out.

Thanks.

Safari 6.0

OS X 10.8.0

Mac mini (Late 2009), OS X Mountain Lion, 2.26 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 3:37 PM

5 replies

Mar 15, 2013 8:43 AM in response to non linear pictures

This is a definitely a problem and I've now not only noticed it happen on 2 macs but actually waited and monitored until I finally observed it happening WITHOUT ANY MOUSE CONTACT. Having now witnessed it in two different locations with two macs and two mice, it certainly isn't absent-minded tapping!!

I wonder if the mice have a static problem or are just oversensitive even to something coming near.

And btw this only started when I on one occasion upgraded to and on another bought Mountain Lion. It's quite random.

Smart Zoom Problem? Safari keeps zooming OUT.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.