Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CoreDAVErrorDomain error 1

What does this mean? Is this the reason contacts updates through the cloud in about a month? I am better using the "Cloud" or iTunes to sync the iPhone?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 4:51 PM

13 replies

Aug 20, 2012 12:42 PM in response to Julius Fischer

Julius,

I gave up trying the stuff in Apple's FAQ; they accomlished nothing. Instead, I did the following:

1. In Contacts on the Mac, I used the export under files to do two things:

A. Exported an archive of my contacts on the Mac

B. Exported a Vcard version of the contacts to a file on the desktop.

2. I turned off the iCloud feature of the contacts on the iPhone and let the data delete

3. After those actions I signed onto iCloud.com and went to the contact list, selected all the contacts and then deleted them using that action in the little gear thing in the lower left corner. Then I signed off iCloud.com.

4. I signed back into iCloud.com and went to the contact list, which was now blank. I used the import function in that little gear thing to import the vCards from my desktop.

5. Then I turned on the iCloud feature on the iPhone. These steps took a little bit of time, because I have about 2,400 contacts including the comments and notes.

So far, there have been no difficulties and the lists synced. If it doesn't work, at least you have a set of contacts in the vCards and archive exported to the Mac to use to restore the list. I am having difficulties with duplicates, and I think that follows from residual list of contacts that is on the iPad; I am going to delete the contacts their and then run the duplicate function again. So I think the better practice is to turn off the iCloud on all devices, if you have more than one. On the Mac, this makes you create a copy on the Mac, which is what I wish I did, to scan for duplicates and get one, pristine version of the database before uploading the vCards to iCloud. You might want to consider that.

I have been dissapointed with Apple's apparent lack of understanding about their own product and the wierd behavior it exhibits.

I hope you make the backups first and then...best of luck and good wishes.

Mark

Nov 19, 2013 6:53 PM in response to Mark Wilder1

Got this just now in Mountain Lion, trying to sync with icloud.

I solved it by:

• Quitting Address Book
  • Deleting the "Library/Application Support/AddressBook" (actually I moved it elsewhere for safe keeping so I could move it back later if needed)
  • When I launched Address Book then, it was empty, and iCloud wasn't listed.
  • Quit Address Book again
  • In Control Panel -> Mail/Calendars/Contacts -> iCloud, re-checked "Contacts" (was unchecked)
  • Opened Address Book again, and it re-downloaded from iCloud, and seemed to be happy at that point

Apr 15, 2014 9:27 PM in response to Mark Wilder1

I've seen this message when I click an alert icon next to iCloud in the groups list, which indicates I'm not connected to iCloud of course. I'm connected to the new Google (ArubaNetworks) network at Starbucks (and other apps are connected to iCloud services fine).

I've also gotten a certificate verification message for ArubaNetworks when I click the icon. That message isn't particularly informative either and given recent secruity hoodoo I've held off accepting the cert.

But here's the voodoo: I clicked the + icon next to the alert icon which added a group. I deleted the group, and now Contacts appears to be connected to iCloud. No promise this would work for any one, even me the next time, but it's simpler than some of the other things I've seen.

CoreDAVErrorDomain error 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.