Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I phone 4 Is stuck in headphone mode

My iPhone 4 is stuck in headphone mode

iPhone 4

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 6:00 PM

6 replies

Oct 4, 2012 4:32 AM in response to vcathey

I searched this problem for a while and saw queries about 'can't hear ringtone' or ' sound controls don't work'.

I thought the threads about 'stuck in headphone' sounded close to my problem. I recalled an earlier post to do with ipods ages ago and gave it a try... blow hard into the 3mm headphone jack hole.

ok. sounds "wrong" I know, but it worked. instantly all the sounds came back. I wonder if there might be a mechanical switch in there that doesn't reset when you withdraw the headphone.

call me crazy.

like Galileo said.. "and yet.. still it moved..."

cheers

Aug 4, 2014 9:02 AM in response to vcathey

my phone got stuck in headphone mode too. I tried the hairdryer to no avail. I tried the ear bud trick to no avail. I then just

put it aside and later took tip off Qtip and put inside the earphone hole a few times. Then i put it on dock to charge and heard

a noise. Left it there overnight and this morning its back to normal. Thankfully! I do think this is due to moisture since I had

phone go in some liquid! Hope this helps some ppl.

May 29, 2015 6:53 PM in response to bird3815

I had the very same problem and tried suction, blowing, q-tip and none of them worked.

Then I tried to press hard the iPhone near the headphones jack and it worked for a copule of seconds.

In that moment I remembered that IPhone fell down that day and realized that probably that was the reason for the "permanent headphone mode" fault.

Then I gently twisted the top of iPhone's frame and voilá, it worked!!!

Hope that this "twisted" and "after-crash" alternative can be helpfull!!!

I phone 4 Is stuck in headphone mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.