Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use AirPlay with amazon instant video. I can get the sound but not the video on the tv

Can I use AirPlay on my iPad to view amazon instant video with apple tv? I can get sound but no video

iPad

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 6:19 PM

2 replies

Aug 22, 2012 11:34 PM in response to Dataqueen65

Sadly, the answer is "no." When I downloaded v1.1 of Amazon Instant Video I was excited to see the AirPlay icon (didn't see it in v1.0) but, like you, got only sound and no video. Reading the fine print in the App Store, it clearly states that "AirPlay is not supported at this time...." They added search pretty quickly (why they released it without search in the first place puzzles me), so I'm hopeful AirPlay will come soon.

Aug 26, 2012 7:55 AM in response to Dataqueen65

I had it working fine yesterday! Today I tried again, and I have the opposite problem from yours - I can push the video to my apple tv but the sound menu won't let me select apple tv. Hmmm.

*edit* I am not using any software, just streaming live from the amazon website. Works fine - still no audio.

*another edit* I restarted the apple tv and now I can hear audio as well. Amazon streaming works great.

Can I use AirPlay with amazon instant video. I can get the sound but not the video on the tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.