Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble syncing chat messages on multiple computers

Hi,

I noticed an odd issue today when I booted my MacBook Air.

Recent conversations that had taken place in Messages were not showing up in the app on my Air even though I could confirm their presence on both my iMac and my iPad.

All my machines are using the latest OS and have been updated. All three machines are using the same apple id and caller id for messages. In fact, I was able to send a few test messges from each and every machine to my wife and confirmed that all had gone through and the latest texts showed up as expected in the conversations on my all the machines.

Why would some conversations simply not show up on my Air? I had wi fi off on my Air when the messages went through, but I would assume that the app would sync all messages when booted once I turned wifi back on.

Is the syncing (or downloading of new messages/conversations) not instananeous? Should I wait a little while before assuming an issue?

MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 7:58 PM

1 reply

Aug 20, 2012 2:26 PM in response to targus

Hi,

I am not convinced at this time that a computer that is Off line will sync iMessages at a later date.

User uploaded file
10:26 PM Monday; August 20, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Lion 10.7.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Trouble syncing chat messages on multiple computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.