Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove events from iCal?

I send myself calendar invites (repeating weekly meeting invites)from Outlook from my office workstation, to my personal email address that I monitor on my iPhone. These are typically .ics files. Once I accept that event on my iPhone, then that event shows up on iCal.

But if I cancel that event on my workstation, I get the cancellation email on iPhone, but the event DOES NOT get removed from iCal.

How can I remove those events from the iPhone iCal app?

Thanks!

Vince in Leesburg

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 2:51 AM

13 replies

Feb 11, 2013 8:09 AM in response to thisone

thisone - Thanks for your response, but unlike most events, this one does not have an edit button before the Event Details screen. In the top right hand corner next to the words 'Event Details' there is just an empty space.

This event is extremely pesky and I have repeatedly synced my phone in attempt to remove it. It was an invitation I accepted for a recurring weekly event, which was sent to an email address for my old job. That email address is no longer active and no longer existing on my phone, but this event continues to show up on my calendar every single Tuesday.

Help?

Dec 15, 2013 9:11 AM in response to vbbuilt

I finally solved this problem of myself! I was never able to find a way to get the "Event Details" button so that I could just delete the event. I have tried many suggestions offered here and by others, but could never get rid of an annoying recurring event on my iCalendar. Today I noticed that it would allow me to change the calendar the event appeared on. So I created a "new" calendar, moved the event to the new calendar and then DELETED THE "NEW" CALENDAR! Finally the event is GONE!

Dec 15, 2013 9:14 AM in response to Megagsxr

I think this is how I solved it, too. The colored event tag label refers to the Calendar the event is on. By changing the colored labels, e.g., calendar, you can remove it from the calendar it's stuck on. But after moving, I still couldn't edit/delete it until I created another calendar which I then deleted after moving the pesky event to it. Your solution is the one that helped me get this done. Thanks!

How can I remove events from iCal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.