Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"This credit card cannot be used with iTunes Store. Please use another credit card."

Hi.

I am using a debit card since forever and my account isn't empty. There is available balance to make my purchase and I am unable to change change my payment method from "none" to "mastercard". The message the app store gave me is as mentioned above in the title which is really puzzling because it makes no sense that my card cannot be used.

Anyone has any idea or solutions to my problem??

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 3:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 3:24 AM

These links may help you: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1918, http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1646, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3541.

I hope this is of some help.

If after following ALL of these steps, you still have problems, you may need to call your bank for help with why your card is not working.

11 replies

Aug 21, 2012 5:24 AM in response to rainbowballoons

Have you tried to use a different credit / debit card ?

Have you tried using a different computer to update your billing information ?

If you have, and this still does not work, you could try to to contact Apple: See all worldwide telephone support numbers.

I am unable to think of any reasons why you would not be able to do this.

If any one else in the forum has any idea on what rainbowballoons can or should do would be very much appreciated.

Aug 22, 2012 7:50 AM in response to rainbowballoons

I have been having the same issues. First it told me that my security code was invalid/incorrect, however, it was perfectly fine. My card is working fine. There is plenty of funds/availability on my card and there is no issue with my card/bank.

Where I am having a problem in that Apple automatically adds 4 digits to my zip code which my bank does not use. So Apple thinks it is the wrong address, however, it is Apple that has it wrong and they refuse to override this and correct it so that it matches the information that my financial instiitution has on file.

These four digits are automatically added to your zip code even if YOU DON'T TYPE THEM IN yourself. When you hit "done" they will be added, and if your financial institution does not use the full nine-digit format for your zip code, you will not be able to use that card. I have contacted Apple about this multiple times over the past two days via online chat and phone, and they refuse to do anything else to help me, other than suggest I make all of my information with my financial institutions conform to the *Apple Way*.

As recommended by other posters, I have also attempted to use the PayPal option as a work-around. This works fine on PayPal's end, as I receive the confirmation from PayPal confirming that I've created a payment agreement with Apple, however, when I click "done" on the Apple page, I get an error message.

If you go to the iTunes Store discussion forum, there are many, MANY people who are having the same issue and the only response is some "cut-and-paste" response about making sure your information in Apple matches the information at your bank. No other solutions are offered, because, well, there aren't any (although the cut and paste fails to point out this "extra 4 digits to your zip code" issue that many people are simple not even noticing because it happens AFTER you hit "done")...

If you find any other information, or if anyone else has anything to add, please do so. I would like to be able to download the $19.99 app that I'VE ALREADY PAID FOR OVER THE PHONE but can not download because Apple won't accept either of the two perfectly good methods of payment I've offered, that aren't even necessary for this activity because I've already paid for the download in FULL (and, yes, I have my bank statement to prove it).

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4228263?tstart=0

Oct 7, 2012 8:00 AM in response to rainbowballoons

How stupid is this i guess Apple makes so much money they don't want anyone else's. My mastercard has been on this account for ages then suddenly disappears and now it wont let me enter it the only thing i see different on the billing info is apple added that you must have a Title suchs as MR. otherwise everything is dead on the same. keep getting you cannot use this card on the itunes store please use another card i only have one credit card i do not want more than one it will not give me an option for using paypal in Canada or i would as i prefer paypal agan security code address name is identical on my apple info this is just stupidity on apples part maybe i will sell my 2 ipads and iphone not that they will much care but if more ppl get upset by this maybe they will feel the same way WAKE UP APPLE AND FIX THE ISSUE AS ITS ON YOUR END AND PPL WANT TO SPEND MONEY HELLO!!!!!!

Jan 29, 2016 4:55 AM in response to rainbowballoons

Indeed, this is a likely cause -- if you (or anybody) ever reported an unauthorized purchase using a particular card, that card will FOREVER BE BLOCKED. Your only solution is to use another payment method.

Apple could actually say that when they reject the card, or they could post a reply to this forum, but typical for Apple they waste countless hours of peoples' time to figure out things like this.

"This credit card cannot be used with iTunes Store. Please use another credit card."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.