Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot get TimeMachine to backup on my Qnap NAS.

Hi.

I have a Qnap Nas and in the admin-setting I have set TimeMachine support enabled. Still when I try to backup my computer TimeMachine says that the harddrive is not available for backup. Also in the TimeMachine I can see the correct harddrive has been chosen. Anyone know what I can do to get this to work?
Thank you,

/ V

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 2:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 12:50 AM

I found the post below in the forum and it seems like the problem have been solved. Many thanks to Greg!

"Open a terminal window and from the command prompt enter;

sudo tmutil setdestination aftp://<your Qnap time machine user>:<your Qnap time machine password>@<your Qnap ip address>/TMBackup"

Greg-R

I had a similar problem. Found this on the Qnap forumhttp://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=61182&start=15 which solved the problem for me. Open a terminal window and from the command prompt enter;

sudo tmutil setdestination aftp://<your Qnap time machine user>:<your Qnap time machine password>@<your Qnap ip address>/TMBackup

e.g.

sudo tmutil setdestination afp://TimeMachine:password@192.168.0.254/TMBackup

Cheers

Greg

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2012 12:50 AM in response to ViganBytyqi

I found the post below in the forum and it seems like the problem have been solved. Many thanks to Greg!

"Open a terminal window and from the command prompt enter;

sudo tmutil setdestination aftp://<your Qnap time machine user>:<your Qnap time machine password>@<your Qnap ip address>/TMBackup"

Greg-R

I had a similar problem. Found this on the Qnap forumhttp://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=61182&start=15 which solved the problem for me. Open a terminal window and from the command prompt enter;

sudo tmutil setdestination aftp://<your Qnap time machine user>:<your Qnap time machine password>@<your Qnap ip address>/TMBackup

e.g.

sudo tmutil setdestination afp://TimeMachine:password@192.168.0.254/TMBackup

Cheers

Greg

Cannot get TimeMachine to backup on my Qnap NAS.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.