Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X - How Can I edit Text on titles ? not working

Hi, I have the new MacBook Pro 2012 and also Lion Mountain and additional Final Cut Pro X.

I am adding in a movie project a title in order to edit it. Not possible so far! No editing possible.

What did I do?

I double click on the title, I could see the text boxes in the viewer but it was not possible to change the text.

I also tried to changed in it in the attribute window but there is no text box available! All available youtube tutorials shows a text box, where is mine? :-(

Is the problem Lion Mountain? How can I solved it?

Many thanks for your support in advance.

N.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 7:12 AM

13 replies

Mar 23, 2014 11:55 PM in response to Nikolaos14011973

HAS ANYONE FIGURED THIS OUT?

it is still not working! I have discovered that while none of the titles can be double-clicked on to edit, but also only the titles with ONE thing to change (i.e. blur, custom, fade, etc.) have a "text" box that appears under the text tab of the inspector window. All the titles with more than one word to change do not have this "text" box with which to edit the title.

WHAT is going on and WHY is this happening? I used to be able to double-click my titles!

Jun 25, 2014 5:56 AM in response to wezy4

HERE IS HOW TO SOLVE IT

I was having the same frustrating issue of not being able to double-click the titles to edit their text and found a simple solution:

1) Place your title on the timeline;

2) Go to: Edit > Find and Replace Title Text;

3) Fill the Find field with the text on the title you can't edit and hit Next;

4) Voila! You can now select and edit all the text you want!

Let me know if that works for you to...

Cheers!

Final Cut Pro X - How Can I edit Text on titles ? not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.