Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have Microsoft Office 2007 for Windows XP and just got a Macbook Pro. Is there any way to install MO2007 on my new Mac?

Just purchased a new Mac and need Word, etc. etc. I was wondering how to/if I could install the Microsoft Office 2007 disc on my Mac.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 8:10 AM

7 replies

Aug 20, 2012 8:59 AM in response to khager12

The only real reason you might need to install Office 2007 on your Mac is if you need Microsoft Access, and don't want to go through Filemaker Pro for Windows to migrate Access to Filemaker Pro. Once in Filemaker Pro format, it can be put on Filemaker Pro for the Mac. Numerous applications for download and online offer free to nearly free access to Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents, including LibreOffice, OpenOffice, Neo Office, Google Docs, and Zoho Docs. This would be much cheaper than installing a database on your Mac and PC, if Access is not part of the equation.

Aug 20, 2012 9:14 AM in response to a brody

Not an option however - some of these in house scripts are very large, very complicated, and very specific to our work. A couple of us actually do use perl and python scripts on text versions of some of these files (the really large data files that are just too big to work with as spreadsheets anyway), but for the none IT science staff, that is never going to fly, unfortunately.

I have Microsoft Office 2007 for Windows XP and just got a Macbook Pro. Is there any way to install MO2007 on my new Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.