Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install/upgrade iWork 2005 on my new MacBook Pro / Mountain Lion?

I just bought a new MacBook Pro (converted back from Windows) and installed an old version of iWork (2005) I purchased years ago, hoping to upgrade it. It didn't install properly as it only shows a folder in Finder/Apps, with a couple of docs in the folder and doesn't show up as an app for Upgrade. The guy that upgraded my MacBook Pro to Mountain Lion at the Apple Store told me this should work.

1) How do I install iWork 2005 on my MacBook Pro / Mountain Lion?

2) How do I upgrade it without having to purchase a new copy?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 11:58 AM

iWork upgrades have never been free as far as I know. I don't know why an Apple store employee would have suggested otherwise.

2 replies

Aug 20, 2012 12:04 PM in response to Lord Gray

You cannot link any version of iWork installed from a retail disk or trial to the Mac App Store.

You install iWork '05 on your new Mac just as you always have, making sure you have the serial number to enter. But the iWork apps are very reasonably priced on the Mac App Store & have come a very long way in 7 years. And now Numbers is available for spreadsheets.

User uploaded file

How do I install/upgrade iWork 2005 on my new MacBook Pro / Mountain Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.