Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I find previously purchased guitar lessons on Garage Band?

I've just tried to redownload a previously purchased lesson from within an updated Garage Band.

It did aknowledge that I had already purchased the item/lesson and, as it usualy did with the songs from iTunes a few months ago (just before iCloud), it asked me if I wanted to repurchase the item.

As I had no other visible way of redownloading the lesson I pressed the ok button.

The problem is that, afterwards, it did, in fact, charge my credit card for this redownload. As a matter of fact it did charge my credit card twice since I did click the button a second time few seconds after, as I wasn't sure that everything was right.

So now, I've paied 3 times for the same lesson:

- 1st one, the 9th of January of 2010.

- 2nd and 3rd, the 11th of August of 2012.

Does anyone know how can I redownload all the lessons I've purchased back in 2010?

Since I've updated to the latest version of Garage Band (sold through the App Store) I've lost all of them. What can I do?

I know Apple aknowledges the sell of those (anyway I have the invoices), but I can't find any of those applestore purchases I've made prior to the last 18 months (I'm refering to my Apple Store Account > Orders page)

And since now we don't have Express Lane anymore I'm in a deathend!

Thanks in advance for any help!

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 9:21 AM

2 replies

Aug 21, 2012 4:42 AM in response to António Júlio

Have you already tried this?

GarageBand: Re-downloading Learn to Play Artist Lessons

To download a purchased Learn to Play Artist Lesson again later:

1. Log in to your Apple Store accountand vIew your order history.
  2. Click any lesson to download it again.

For me this worked beautifully. After signing into the account and viewing the Order history, I found Sting waiting for me to download again.

User uploaded file

Aug 21, 2012 5:05 AM in response to léonie

Added: I just reread your question, and I think I missed your point, sorry.

Your purchases done before 18 month probably will not be available this way. Try the telephone number at the top of the page and contact the Store; at least to claim a refund for the last two purchases and ask them to to assist with restoring the previous purchases.

Do you have a backup of your old installation? The lessons should be installed in the System Library:

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Learn to Play/

If your TimeMachine backup goess back in time long enough to access the time before your upgrade, you simply can restore the contents of the "Learn to Play" folder.

Regards

Léonie

Where do I find previously purchased guitar lessons on Garage Band?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.