Skip navigation

Access Pics on iPhone

230 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2012 6:10 PM by Tina16 RSS
Tina16 Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 20, 2012 5:56 PM

I am really annoyed by this.  I decided to let it go unitl I needed it or when I could take the time to figure it out.  I can't stand the fact that iPhone creates folders for my pics.  In any event, there's the Camera Roll, Photo Stream, Photo Library and iTunes Pic.  First, is there a way to have only one folder/album?  Second, I need a pic from my phone which is in the Photo Stream album.  Unfortunately, I can't find how to access this album in iTunes or on the phone itself (as a drive).  Third, I can't find the answer to this as I've seen someplace on here.  What's the difference between Camera Roll, Photo Stream, Photo Library and iTunes Pic?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1
  • roaminggnome Level 10 Level 10 (89,165 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 20, 2012 6:05 PM (in response to Tina16)

ALL oics taken with the iphone are in the Camera Roll Folder.

ALL pics synced to your iphone from your computer are in Photos Library.

If you have enabled Photo Stream, then ALL Photo Stream Pics will be there.

You cannot get rid of these at all.

If you make albums in Camera Roll, then you will be able to access these photos from that album as well.  No duplicates, simply two ways to get to the same pic - like an itunes playlist.

Same goes for albums synced to your iphone.  You will be able to access the same photos that are in the Photo Library from the folders you choose to sync.No duplicates, simply two ways to get to the same pic - like an itunes playlist.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.