Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After restarting safari, it won't reopen windows from my last session correctly.

After safari restarts and opens up the windows I previoulsy had open, or I do this myself, many of them are pulling up incorrectly. A few will show up normally, but many of them will come up blank. The title of the page is still at the top of the page, but the url is absent.User uploaded file

As seen in this screenshot.

Any tips on how to fix this?

I'm running Safari 6.0 on a brand new iMac.

Thanks!

iMac

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 10:01 PM

4 replies

Dec 26, 2012 12:07 AM in response to C10H12N2O

My friend has the exact same issue, and we can't seem to find anything else on the internet that even resembles the problem except this other Apple discussion thread.

She's running Safari 6.0.2 on Lion and this issue is pushing her to use other browsers because Safari loses some or all of the tabs she had open.

Almost every time she quits and reopens Safari, this issue causes a few or most of the tabs to be blank (like completely white blank) with "Search Google or enter an address" in the address bar and nothing left but the original title of the tab at the top of the window, exactly like the screenshot above. It isn't clear why only some of the tabs are usually lost, but it seems like older tabs are lost first.

Please, any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

After restarting safari, it won't reopen windows from my last session correctly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.