Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help!!! All of a sudden my "send" in Mail is greyed out and i cannot send emails. Any ideas, I can receive them ok.

Can anyone help me......... All of a sudden my "send" in Mail is greyed out, I can receive mail but cannot reply or send a new mail message.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 12:45 AM

5 replies

Aug 22, 2012 1:59 AM in response to Austin Kinsella1

Austin,

Connection doctor says all accounts are connected.

I have two email accounts setup and my business one appears to be ok (can reply and send ok).

The main account has the "send" button greyed out.

And now my F4 button does not open the set apps e.g. calender/calculator etc instead it opens "manage widgets"

This all seems to have started since the system updated OSX to 10.6.8

Aug 22, 2012 6:22 PM in response to Austin Kinsella1

Tried rebuild and closed mail re-booted but still the same.

My secondary mail account works ok it is the main one that still has send greyed out.

I used to be able to press F4 and get weather/caleder/calculator but now it just brings up a bottom bar and a small screen for manage widgets but will not let me do anything with it?

Thanks for your help.

Help!!! All of a sudden my "send" in Mail is greyed out and i cannot send emails. Any ideas, I can receive them ok.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.