Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet connection issue on Mac side (bootcamp)

Hi,

I have a 2012 Mac Mini that was working all fine until this afternoon when I installed bootcamp / windows 7.

Hopefully the issue is only limited to the Internet connection.

Now, on the Mac side, I can still connect to the wifi but I have no Internet connection. However, all my other devices work fine as well as the Mac Mini when I access the Internet through windows 7...

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 6:47 AM

1 reply

Aug 21, 2012 11:47 AM in response to Thomas_Fabre

Hi Thomas, this has worked for a few...

Make a New Location, Using network locations in Mac OS X ...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2712

10.7…

System Preferences>Network, top of window>Locations>Edit Locations, little plus icon, give it a name.

10.5.x/10.6.x/10.7.x instructions...

System Preferences>Network, click on the little gear at the bottom next to the + & - icons, (unlock lock first if locked), choose Set Service Order.

The interface that connects to the Internet should be dragged to the top of the list.

Instead of joining your Network from the list, click the WiFi icon at the top, and click join other network. Fill in everything as needed.

For 10.5/10.6, System Preferences>Network, unlock the lock if need be, highlight the Interface you use to connect to Internet, click on the advanced button, click on the DNS tab, click on the little plus icon, then add these numbers...

Click OK.

Also, turn off IPv6:

System Preferences » Network » AirPort » TCP/IP tab » Configure IPv6

Or whatever Interface you use.

Internet connection issue on Mac side (bootcamp)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.