Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes does not sync playback position between computers

I have a Macbook (10.7) and a Mac Pro (10.8). The same audiobook on both but iTunes on the Macbook doesn't seem to remember where I left off when I was listening on the Pro. I resisted upgrading from 10.6 for a long time but isn't icloud supposed to do this?! I can't find any settings that control this and, yes, the audiobook is set to "remember playback position"

Thanks for your help!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 2.1Ghz/4GB/64GB SSD (2008)

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 7:10 AM

2 replies

Jan 10, 2014 12:52 PM in response to SeaBeast

SeaBeast wrote:

... on the device your are listenning the track.

Beast,

This is similar to my question, however I'm talking songs, not audio books, here.

How is it possible to have different "remember playback position" settings for different devices using the same iTunes library?

The example is that the iPod I connect to my car audio always (annoyingly) starts playing the same song whenever the iPod is switched on. I want to use the "remember playback position" setting to to stop this, and instead start playing the song from where it left off previously. I assume I could use a batch change on iTunes to accomplish this. However, I wouldn't want that setting used for other devices.

Thoughts?

Paul

iTunes does not sync playback position between computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.