Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't log in to facetime with my apple id

Just arrived in UK from US and Facetime won't let me login with my Apple ID. Worked a charm in the States, where the computer was bought and Apple ID registered.Could it be the UK has a different system for Apple IDs?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 17", 2.5GHz Intel, 750G HD, 8GB RAM

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 8:40 AM

KK,

For some reason, a Mac using Facetime needs to be set to the time zone it is in. It could possibly have something to do with the FT routers that your call is guided to. In any case there were two Facetime users I know of, that got their Facetime working by resetting to the proper time zone. I surely hope this works for you so you can start talking to your folks "across thepond."

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2012 8:40 AM in response to king kahuna

KK,

For some reason, a Mac using Facetime needs to be set to the time zone it is in. It could possibly have something to do with the FT routers that your call is guided to. In any case there were two Facetime users I know of, that got their Facetime working by resetting to the proper time zone. I surely hope this works for you so you can start talking to your folks "across thepond."

Aug 21, 2012 3:43 PM in response to king kahuna

That's good news, indeed. We have a Son-In-law who traveled to Europe and Asia for a few weeks at a time. It was a great comfort to his 4 year old boy to see and talk to his daddy every few days.

It sure would be nice if the Facetime Software was able to allow the Mac to issue an accurate complaint as to why it couldn't complete its task ... Stay happy and safe.

Wuz

can't log in to facetime with my apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.