Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBA 13" or MBP 13"

hi,

I am a final year student of engineering and I wanted 2 buy a macbook. I am confused between MBA13" and MBP 13". Both r gud and therefore it has confused me to a lot...I would be doing a job after my studies gets over so which 1 would be better 4 me?

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 11:32 AM

MB Air:

Light + Portable + Better Screen Resolution + No Optical Drive + RAM is not user upgradeable.

MB Pro

Portable + Optical Drive + RAM and Hard Drive is user upgradeable.

Now, if you want to be able to upgrade your RAM to 16GB for what you'll be using it for, then the MB Pro is for you.

If however, you like the idea of having something very light and are fine without the use of the built in optical drive and are happy with the 8GB RAM that is not user upgradeable, then go ahead with the MB Air.

In any event, regardless of which one you end up purchasing, I'm sure you'll be happy with either one of them.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2012 11:32 AM in response to chetanmac

MB Air:

Light + Portable + Better Screen Resolution + No Optical Drive + RAM is not user upgradeable.

MB Pro

Portable + Optical Drive + RAM and Hard Drive is user upgradeable.

Now, if you want to be able to upgrade your RAM to 16GB for what you'll be using it for, then the MB Pro is for you.

If however, you like the idea of having something very light and are fine without the use of the built in optical drive and are happy with the 8GB RAM that is not user upgradeable, then go ahead with the MB Air.

In any event, regardless of which one you end up purchasing, I'm sure you'll be happy with either one of them.

MBA 13" or MBP 13"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.