Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recently upgraded my iMac (mid 2010) to Mountain Lion and noticed that the service 'new email with attachment' is missing.

Hi.

I recently upgraded my iMac (mid 2010) to Mountain Lion and noticed that the service 'new email with attachment' is missing. Both from the Finder>Services menu and the System Preferences tab Keyboard shortcuts>services. I used to email files by selecting them in finder and choosing from the contextual menu 'new email with attachment', but since the service isn't present in finder all together, this option obviously isn't listed anymore.

My question: is this something left out of the new Mac OS or can I fix this?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Velkit

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 3:13 PM

Hi Velkit,

Check under your "Share" menu. It should be there. If it isn't there either, make sure that "Mail" is your default email client and then look under the share menu.

Hope this helps,

JediKMan

2 replies

Recently upgraded my iMac (mid 2010) to Mountain Lion and noticed that the service 'new email with attachment' is missing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.