Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The images in my html widget look blurry!

Hey there, I'm making some html widgets for my book using HYPE. When I insert this into the ibooks the program shows the preview image in crisp high quality but when I preview it on the iBook, the figure looks somewhat blurred. When I tap on the figure to enlarge it and make it interactive, everything looks fine and crisp, it's only the preview window before it's enlarged that doesn't looks so good. I even tried replacing the preview with a separate picture and previewing that but whatever I do, the preview just doesn't look sharp. Does anyone have any solutions I can try?

Thanks,

Caleb

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 1:10 PM

8 replies

Jun 8, 2014 1:14 AM in response to Caleb Kingston

Blurry preview icon for HTML widget

The best way to handle this issue is to make the preview icon transparent and place it over your own custom reference graphic on the page.

1- Place on the page the graphic you will be using as the reference icon for the widget

2- Place your widget on top of the custom graphic icon. Make sure it is in "Front". Also make the preview icon is as small as possible.

3- Click on the preview icon TWICE and make its transparency "0". If you only click the preview icon once the Transparency slider will not become active.

4- Now, when you preview the book, your Widget Link will open your custom HTML Widget and both will display at full resolution.

A bonus result of doing this... Since your link is transparent you can make it as large as needed to make it a large enough touch target.

The images in my html widget look blurry!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.