Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can anyone reset apple id's yet

email varification will now work to reset my password.

can't get both security questions right.

No one at Apple has the tool to reset apple id's anymore.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 2:20 PM

15 replies

Aug 21, 2012 3:00 PM in response to oeoeo

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Contact Apple through iTunes Store Support, and explain that you have forgotten your 3 security questions, that you can reset your password, but doing so doesn't reset your security questions.

Explain that after resetting your password, you are still asked for the answers you have forgotten, before you can gain access to My Apple ID > Manage your account > Password & security, which is where you need to be to change your answers.

Remember, support will receive hundreds, if not thousands of requests per day, some from people trying it on, others with little explanation and others that are written extremely poorly. Take the time to explain your situation properly, be precise and concise, brief but comprehensive.

Aug 21, 2012 3:38 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Not even the agents at the itunes store support can reset passwords at this time. The tool to do so has been removed from there access. Apple is re-engineering the tool supposedly. They could have access to the new tool any day or week into the future. iTunes store support- unable to help. Here is there email responce today.

"I read your email and thank you for clarifying, I understand that it's the email address that you need access to and not the iTunes store account.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has become but we are unable to reset Apple ID passwords right now. Because you have an iCloud email account, I would still recommend contacting iCloud's customer support group and asking if they can help you regain access to your email account.

You can contact iCloud Support through Express Lane:

http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/contact/

If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this issue, please let me know and I'll be more than happy to address them for you. Thank you very much for being part of the iTunes Store family and I hope you have a great day.

Sincerely,

Matthew

iTunes Store/Mac App Store Customer Support"

Express lane for iCloud- unable to help,

Joint Venture Team- unable to help.

Business Team at two different Apple retail stores- unable to help.

iPhone support- unable to help

I even contacted enterprise support....... You guessed it! Unable to help!!

iforgot.apple.com is the only avenue to reset apple id's at this time.

With no email varification getting to my gmail account and my answers not being correct I'm out of options it seams. I've been locked out four days in a row trying to guess my answers.

This is a huge problem for me and my business. I just need someone that can help. Apple Corp. can you hear me? Can anyone help me?

Sep 11, 2012 7:05 AM in response to oeoeo

I can't believe that this is the real problem! I have had a case open since AUGUST 9th! That's 34 days!!! I have Emails from Apple stating:

Regrettably, the issue you are reporting is currently under investigation. Normally we

can reset your security questions, but we are taking some time to improve account

security and we are unable to provide a concrete time frame for when this will be

resolved. I will contact you directly with the required verification information as

soon as we resolve this unfortunate issue.

So, I was led to believe that they were investigating my account, as if it were some sort of security breach. I've sent multiple emails with little change in the response. I filed a complaint with the BBB a week ago, since they refused to allow me access to my paid account.

And now I find out that they have simply lost the ability to reset passwords? What happened to my account being under investigation? They've been snowing mw for more than a month. Why couldn't they come out and say that it had nothing to do with my account? That they simply lost the ability to reset passwords?

Shame on Apple for not comiing clean with the real problem!!! It has sure built up my trust in them!

Sep 11, 2012 7:25 AM in response to pattyk999

I had same problem and finally just had to call in to the $$ support line. They did not charge me though and I was connected with someone 2-3 up the chain of command. Apparently, they are having enough people with same difficulty related to the transition that they have decided it would be unfair to charge us for an apparent procedural "hiccup" on their end. Anyway, I just would encourage you to pick up the phone. My Mac tech guy was articulate, patient and very confident in the steps he took me through. Finished in approx. 10 min.'s. Unfortunately he was off the phone before I could get the help I needed to set up my iPhone 4, so cont. to struggle with that! Hope that helps..pattyk999!

Have a good one!

Sep 17, 2012 8:50 AM in response to oeoeo

I've been having a nightmare with this aswell, I'm able to access my account but with my new replacement idevice I cant purchase paid apps because after I input my password it wants me to verify my security questions but i do not know the answers 😟 noone seems able to help, i've had every email except one ignored, and after i replied to that i recieved no response, im currently on hold as we speak after speaking to a russian sounding lady who simply redirected me to the itunes support page, shes trying to put me through to someone else but the phone is just crackling. I thought apple were the most valuable company? with "the best customer service in the world" well this is turning out to be the worst customer service ive ever experienced, and i can no longer see why i wanted to upgrade to the iphone 5 when i can no longer make purchases on my iphone 4, i can get an s3 on a 12 month contract for the price of an ip5 on a 24 month, but before i didnt care, i wanted the iphone but now how can i put my faith into a company who treat people this badly? Im very disheartened about the whole situation ive really lost all my faith in this company 😢

Sep 21, 2012 8:22 AM in response to oeoeo

My account has been reset! Finally!

AppleCare has to transfer you to an Accout Security Team member. They are apart of the new protocol for password resets.

I'm not completly out of the woods yet and still working with icloud support and engineering to fix my email password. I still don't have access to my email, it has been over a month now. There is a bug in the new program to reset apple id's.

Has anyone else had there apple id reset and have problems with the new password accessing email?

I'm unable to access mail through iCloud.com or osx apple mail client or iOS device.

What is strange - I can log into my my iCloud account with the new password and load calender, address book and all the other apps however when I click the mail icon it tries to load and then gives me a error. In the details it is a "fatal error".

I think this is a bug in the new software for the new Account Security Team.

Oct 17, 2012 3:39 PM in response to oeoeo

I have been locked out of Itunes because I can't remember my answers to the security question that was asked. I have a credit of $136.30 on Itunes and was told that there is nothing they can do to reimburse me. I can not reset the security question and was basically told I have to forget the $136.30 I have in credit with Itunes. I'm hoping that one day Itunes will resolved this problem and I will be reimbursed the money owed to me. If anyone who may have lost money with Itunes because you forgot your answers to their security questions, good luck because I haven't had any luck. APPLE Company, is this your way of getting extra monies from customers? Shame on you!!

Oct 17, 2012 3:41 PM in response to oeoeo

I have been locked out of Itunes because I can't remember my answers to the security question that was asked. I have a credit of $136.30 on Itunes and was told that there is nothing they can do to reimburse me. I can not reset the security question and was basically told I have to forget the $136.30 I have in credit with Itunes. I'm hoping that one day Itunes will resolved this problem and I will be reimbursed the money owed to me. If anyone who may have lost money with Itunes because you forgot your answers to their security questions, good luck because I haven't had any luck. APPLE Company, is this your way of getting extra monies from customers? Shame on you!!

can anyone reset apple id's yet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.