Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nikon D7000 RAW and Aperture 2

I've just got a Nikon D7000 and wanted to try the RAW files with Aperture 2.1.3

but it doesn't recognize the files. Is there a way to make Aperture 2 to recognize those files?

I'm using Adobe DNG Converter 6.3 to convert them to dng files but I'm not sure if it's the same

kind of RAW and if it loses in some way information regarding to color, noise, brightness, etc.

I've also installed Nikon ViewNX 2.0.2 that came with the camera but it seems pretty basic to me

and I'm not sure if it's a s good as Aperture to process D7000 NEFs.

I'm on a Power PC G4 and not very interested in getting an Intel machine neither upgrading to Snow Leopard

What do you think?

Any info would be very appreciated

iBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 1.33 GHz 1,25 GB RAM 320 GB HD

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 6:29 PM

3 replies

Aug 21, 2012 6:48 PM in response to nOmada

See the list of supported camera raw formats:

http://www.apple.com/aperture/specs/raw.html

The raw support for D7000 is only available with Aperture 3, sorry.

If you do not want to upgrade to an Intel machine, DNG Converter is your best option, but Aperture would be able to profit a lot from a faster hardware with more RAM, better graphics Card, and a modern processor - you would certainly appreciate the difference 🙂.

Aug 21, 2012 7:14 PM in response to nOmada

DNG converter keeps the raw bitmap and the exif information stored with the image, but I am not sure about camera specific processing. Usually the raw converters supplied by the manufacturers can do more, to preserve camera specific in-camera optimization and preprocessing.

I don't have your camera, and I am using aperture 3. For the cameras that I tried the free adobe DNG converter with (Lumix, Canon EOS D5) the results are quite o.k., I got high quality raw, without any in camera settings.

Regards

Léonie

Nikon D7000 RAW and Aperture 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.