Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VAT Invoice.

Hi,

I need a VAT invoice for a purchase Iv made in the App store but the invoice sent by email isn’t a VAT invoice?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks, Laura

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 1:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 3:15 AM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Apple Do not ordinarily issue VAT invoices, since the vast majority of products from the iTunes store are for non-commercial use. They are however required to provide one upon request.

You should request your invoice through iTunes Store SupportThey may however be reluctant to provide you with anVAT invoice at first, so you should be willing to point them to their obligation to do so, evidence of which can be found on HMRC's website.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2012 3:15 AM in response to GadwallMarine

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Apple Do not ordinarily issue VAT invoices, since the vast majority of products from the iTunes store are for non-commercial use. They are however required to provide one upon request.

You should request your invoice through iTunes Store SupportThey may however be reluctant to provide you with anVAT invoice at first, so you should be willing to point them to their obligation to do so, evidence of which can be found on HMRC's website.

Aug 31, 2012 10:14 AM in response to Winston Churchill

I've encountered the same problem - being told apps are for non commercial use - personal only etc. I have an Apple ID - which I use when I purchase products via their online buisness store - which asks for my VAT number. I use a Macbook Pro for buisness, recently uppgraded to Mountain Lion via the App Store - as encouraged by Apple. However have been told that this is for personal use not commercial?????

However with the move to iPad (I use for buiness), iPhone (I use for business) and increasingly Mac App store (I use for business) it seems Apple T&Cs suggest that these are not allowed to be used for business in the UK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exactly how am I suppose to run a business on kit sold to me for business if I cannaot run software on it?

I'm not trying to play the system - simply buy/license software for use on my various Apple kit and correctly record it in my accounts as required by HMRC tax/VAT. But how are you supposed to legimitley purchase apps for use in business on your iphone, ipad and mac (now virtually everything goes through the app store?

Oct 28, 2012 12:46 PM in response to GadwallMarine

I used to spend lot of time to find out the solution for this issue (i.e. getting a VAT invoice for AppStore purchases), but finally I emailed the original receipt with my company's VAT number to this address: macappstore_english_eu_support@apple.com, and I got it, the VAT invoice in a couple of minutes. Please note these two things: it will show in 'invoiced to' field the name on the original receipt and there is no chance to change it to the company name later. So state the name in your Apple ID according to your needs.

The other important thing is that the reply with the VAT invoice may be found in your spam folder.

I hope that helps.

(This method is unusual in business environment, hopefully Apple will change it to normal invoicing process.)

Nov 19, 2012 4:49 AM in response to gadgetmania

That's interesting. I was told that the App Store might be based in Luxembourg. I did post a question directly to the Apple Helpdesk and they confirmed only that I would be charged VAT, but didn't really confirm if it was UK VAT or from another country.

Could you post the VAT number - it should start LU followed by a load of numbers. I'd like to check it to the EU Vies system to check the entity it is linked to.

VAT Invoice.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.