6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2013 10:11 AM by cclatten
True Vine Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

When I open several pdf documents that I recently added to my website, the images on the documents do not show up when I view them through Safari?

Safari, Mac OS X (10.7.4)
  • 1. Re: Safari not showing pdf images
    Linc Davis Level 10 Level 10 (118,270 points)

Back up all data.

Quit Safari. In the Finder, select Go Go to Folder... from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-G. Copy the line of text below into the box that opens, and press return:

/Library/Internet Plug-ins

From the folder that opens, remove any items that have the letters “PDF” in the name. You may be prompted for your login password. Then launch Safari and test.

If you still have the issue, repeat with this line:

~/Library/Internet Plug-ins

If you don’t like the results of this procedure, restore the items from the backup you made before you started. Relaunch Safari again.

• 2. Re: Safari not showing pdf images

I do not have any items with PDF in the name. When I search with "~/Library/Internet Plug-ins" all I have is 2 Webex plugins. Should I remove them?

• 3. Re: Safari not showing pdf images

Select Help Installed Plug-ins from the Safari menu bar. Besides the following, what plugins are listed?

iPhotoPhotocast

Java

QuickTime

Shockwave Flash

WebKit built-in PDF

• 4. Re: Safari not showing pdf images

Flip 4 Mac Windows Media

Realplayer

Silverlight

WebEx general

WebEx 64 general

• 5. Re: Safari not showing pdf images

Are you having problems only with the PDF's on your site? If so, it's a site issue, not a Safari issue.

• 6. Re: Safari not showing pdf images
    cclatten Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

My problem seems to be with Safari, not the sites.  Chrome shows the pdfs and there are various sites I have tried to show pdfs.

I tried your fix, but as someone from another thread mentioned, I have nothing in ~/Library/Internet Plug-ins or /Library/Internet Plug-ins, that has "PDF" in it.  Not in the name or the suffix.