Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1920x1080 Setup?

Alright, so heres a fun problem....

I was given footage that I was able to import as .mov's and when I was editing it in fcp7 I realized I had to start rendering everytime I moved a clip so I looked up the answer to that problem and the answer I read said that the problem lyes within the sequence settings (mine were set to SD because I do a lot of work in SD). When I change it to 1920x1280 (what mac info tells me the dimensions are) the sequence becomes very narrow, squished if you will.

Not to mention, I have video imported in the project that was recorded by someone else at 1280 x 720. Codecs are H.264.

How should I set up my sequence settings for a project with such great dimensions. Better yet, what should I do all together.

The reason why the footage is so random is because they were shot by three different camera men on three different cameras (one being a flipcam) on two different nights.

Help!

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 9:00 AM

3 replies

Aug 22, 2012 11:21 AM in response to MDF31

>When I change it to 1920x1280 (what mac info tells me the dimensions are) the sequence becomes very narrow, squished if you will.

Mac info...DO NOT TRUST IT. No video format is that ratio. 1080 video is 1920x1080...always. Those are the wrong settings, for more than one reason. Biggest is....

>Not to mention, I have video imported in the project that was recorded by someone else at 1280 x 720. Codecs are H.264.

Skipping the H.264 issue as that was covered...your video isn't 1920x1080. It's 1280x720. It isn't 1080 video...but the other HD format...720p. Typically what you do is first convert the footage to an editable format, like ProRes...and then add a clip to the timeline, and when FCP asks "do you want me to adjust the sequence to match?" Click yes.

1920x1080 Setup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.