Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse no Longer connects via BT

Hello All!

I have a MBP, 2.4GHz with Intel Core 2 Duo and recently upgraded to OSX 10.8.

Since the upgrade I have been having great difficulty in getting my Magic Mouse to connect via BT.

Previous to the upgrade everything worked fine, the mouse would wake the computer and connect with out any issues.

After the upgrade the mouse will not wake the computer and will only connect after I restart the computer, well that was yesterday restarts today aren't even working any more. My BT keyboard works fine and I have no problems with waking or connecting via the BT keyboard only the mouse.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Update:

I just finished repairing Disk Permissions - No Help

Turning Blue Tooth off then back on - No Help

Trying to manually connect the mouse - no help

New Batteries - no help

Reset the SMC - no help

Reset the PRAM - no help

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 8:29 AM

3 replies

Sep 25, 2012 4:13 PM in response to vlad247

I'm now on 10.8.2 and things seem to be better but not completely resolved. After installing the last update I deleted my mouse, restarted the computer and then paired the mouse again. Things are much better, my mouse will wake the computer now but only if the computer is asleep for a 'short' period of time. Overnight it won't wake or connect, I generally need to use the track paid, go to the BT icon & select my mouse then hit connect. That seems to get things going but it's still a pain.......

At least I don't have to restart the computer every time.....

Magic Mouse no Longer connects via BT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.