Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IWeb not creating .plist file in server

For a while I published a website to a folder on my desktop. In the folder there's an assets... .plist file. Yesterday I puslished the site to my server using FTP and noticed that iWeb did not create a .plist file there. As a result, upon closing and reopening iWeb all the icons are again red and I have to republish everything over again. So the question is, can I transfer the .plist file from my desktop to the server without messsing up anything. Or, how can I make iWeb create the .plist file when publishing by FTP? Thanks for your help!

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 11:16 AM

That file does not get uploaded to the server when you publish directly from iWeb to the server. It's only for publishing to a folder on your hard drive so iWeb will know what files to save when using the File ➙ Published Site Changes menu option instead of replacing every file. It's not needed online.

OT

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2012 11:16 AM in response to josemari

That file does not get uploaded to the server when you publish directly from iWeb to the server. It's only for publishing to a folder on your hard drive so iWeb will know what files to save when using the File ➙ Published Site Changes menu option instead of replacing every file. It's not needed online.

OT

IWeb not creating .plist file in server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.