Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Advice on changing from GB to Logic 9 pro

ive been using GB just as a learning toy for a new album Im making. It seems failry easy but seems limited in terms of presets and loops and also the problems of mixing in GB and not getting the song as loud as you hear it on your monitors is very frustrating and time consuming to figure out for me.

I am thinking of turning to Logic Pro in the hope that mixing wont have the same restricitons as in GB and the mix will be as you hear it and record it, plus I know it has a huge sound library. Can anyone thats made the jump to Logic Pro confirm that mixing does not suffer the same sound level issues as in GB? Is it easy to understand and record and mix swiftly?

GarageBand (Mac) '11

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 1:42 PM

4 replies

Aug 23, 2012 3:35 AM in response to pauldepechemode66

First I never have any problem with sound level in garageband.

I use Logic and have no problem recommending it but no way are you going to just open it and be making music. If you have problems with Garageband you're going to be lost in Logic. Maybe get some Logic tutorials and take a least a month of using it before recording a serious project. Probably another month to learn to mix.

Aug 23, 2012 11:14 AM in response to isteveus

Hi, thanks for replying. I have had discussions on this forum with others concerning GB's sound level loss after a mix. If I transfer to itunes for example the sound level is about half or even less of what it sounds like In GB. But if I leave the master mix in GB failry simple without to much FX etc it dosent lose sound level. Very strange. I will definately look into Logic at a steady pace. I am a songwriter more than a producer which is the problem.

Advice on changing from GB to Logic 9 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.