Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth: Not Available mac book pro 15 inch

My Bluetooth has gone missing and when i click on bluetooth file exchanger i get this message: no bluetooh hardware found. In order to use this application, you must have a bluetooth module. please verify that your bluetooth hardware is properly attached to the computer.

Could someone please send me a bluetooth driver down load for a macbook pro 15 inch 2011 or another way to solve my problem.

Thank you Apple support community.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 3:27 PM

53 replies

Sep 6, 2017 6:36 AM in response to fir3murd3r3r

Late to the game, but I've been having this issue too. Everything on my end is indicating a software problem. For the first few times, I could restart and everything worked. Eventually it all crashed one night and that didn't work. But, the module that controls Bluetooth also does your Wifi, and my Wifi was fine. Skip a day, and the bluetooth dongle I ordered arrives, plug it in, everything works (as expected). Unplug it, and things still work. Now it comes in and out a little, but for the most part the internal bluetooth is working again. Talking to a repair location, they think software as well. Hopefully this is fixed in the next operating syst

Aug 23, 2012 7:06 AM in response to fir3murd3r3r

Hello:

Read this carefully. If I have read your post accurately, you did not use the correct keys:

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

Resetting the SMC on Mac portables with a battery you can remove

Resetting the SMC on portables with a battery you should not remove on your own

Note: Portable computers that have a battery you should not remove on your own include MacBook Pro (Early 2009) and later, all models of MacBook Air, and MacBook (Late 2009).

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
  3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
  4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
  5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
    Note
    : The LED on the MagSafe power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.

Barry

P.S. I am assuming I selected the correct MacBook Pro....

Message was edited by: Barry Hemphill

Aug 23, 2012 5:27 PM in response to fir3murd3r3r

Folks,

This morning I couldn't get my Apple wireless keyboard to connect to my MacBook Pro. I tried again and again to make contact but the keyboard wasn't found. Then my brain finally clicked into "thinking" mode and I remembered the same situation having arisen some months ago. I went to investigate!

I went downstairs to fetch my iPad which was on but sleeping and brought it upstairs and turned it off. Then I tried getting my keyboard in touch with my MacBook again and, as Bubbles of The Trailer Park Boys would say, "bingo!" It worked!

Explanation? The keyboard (and I believe all Bluetooth devices) can only be in touch with one machine at a time. I have the keyboard paired with both my MacBook and my iPad (which I only use with the keyboard when I'm travelling). Earlier in the day, the keyboard was connected to the MacBook and working fine, but the MacBook was getting a bit slow, so I decided to shut it down and start it up again. When I did so, I didn't turn the keyboard off, and of course, it lost its connection to the MacBook.

Meanwhile, however, sitting downstairs was the sleeping iPad, and even though it was quite a distance away, it must have picked up the Bluetooth signal from the keyboard and made a connection with it the moment I turned off the MacBook. Then when I turned the MacBook back on, it wasn't possible to make a connection with the keyboard because the keyboard's signal was now being used by the sleeping iPad. Because (as far as I know) a Bluetooth device can only be connected with one machine at a time, the MacBook simply couldn't connect with the keyboard as long as the keyboard was connected to the iPad.

I assume that other folks have figured this out, and maybe there is at least one discussion on the forum about it, but unfortunately I don't have the time to look for it. Anyway, even if this is not the solution to your problem, fir3murd3r3, I hope this might help someone somewhere with solving this embarrassing but very frustrating problem that I have found myself in a couple of times. I just hope I remember all this the next time I get myself into the same situation! 🙂

Good luck!

Chris

Sep 29, 2012 1:27 PM in response to fir3murd3r3r

OK.. so ive had this problem and tried all these fixes and nothing worked. (Restarted computer/Reset the SMC/everything!)

I by accident found a very easy fix that worked for me. All I did was log out my user profile and logged into a different Apple Profile I had on my comp and to my surprise the bluetooth was working on that profile. So I logged back into my main profile and the bluetooth was then available again.

hope this works

Dec 4, 2012 3:51 PM in response to fir3murd3r3r

If your bluetooth service is suddenly not available on your Mac, here is a fix:

01. Click on “Finder” in bottom left of your screen in the Dock
02. Click on your “Home” icon on the left (picture of a house)
03. Double-click on the “Library” folder
04. Double-click on “Preferences” folder
05. Delete file named “com.apple.Bluetooth.plist” (also delete any other item with “com.apple.Bluetooth…”, if any)
06. Shutdown your computer
07. Unplug all USB and Firewire devices
08. Unplug power cord
09. Remove battery (if it’s a Macbook or Macbook Pro)
10. Wait 1-2 min
11. Hold down power button for 10 sec with the battery out (if it’s a Macbook or Macbook Pro)
12. Insert battery (if it’s a Macbook or Macbook Pro)
13. Startup again
14. It should work!

http://isource.com/2012/02/22/quick-tip-what-to-do-when-bluetooth-abandons-your- mac/

Mar 16, 2013 1:19 PM in response to fir3murd3r3r

I've had this problem for about six months and I've never been able to fix it. I've literally sat for hours looking through posts on google about Bluetooth on MacBook Pros becoming unavailable or disappearing. I tried almost everything (even reinstalled OS). I was starting to believe that this has to be a bluetooth hardware issue. Either the Bluetooth chip was defective in all these MacBooks or I some how broke it. I didn't think at all that it could still be a software issue after all that I've tried. I think I was wrong because...

I finally tried the most simple thing that finally FIXED my Bluetooth on my MacBook Pro.

All you have to do is...

1) shutdown the MacBook

2) once its off, hold down the power button for at least 20seconds. I was told that you'd hear a loud beep but mine didn't do anything. Not even the white led on the front turned on.

3) if you had the same results, let go of the power button and now press and hold the power button again. This time, the white led should turn on and flash right before the gray screen and apple logo appears. Continue to hold the power button (just to make sure it works) and let go a few seconds after the spinning wheel under then apple logo appears.

4) now check if your Bluetooth is back

This surprisingly worked for me. I've never seen someone suggest this solution before, so I'm posting this for anyone else that has tried everything else and has finally given up.

This may be a temporary fix because mine did go back to being unavailable after a restart. The Bluetooth works perfectly as long as you don't restart. If you do restart, just do the same thing again and the Bluetooth should be back.

Please reply if this fixed your Bluetooth problem!

Bluetooth: Not Available mac book pro 15 inch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.