Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transitions, audio, generators, filters missing

This issue has been unresolved for so long, I can't even recall what triggered it. One thing is for sure, I didn't have this problem with FCPX from the start. It might have happened with the update to 10.0.5

Whatever caused the problem, suddenly one day all my Video Effects, Generators, Themes, and Audio files were missing. I've tried using apps to uninstall FCPX, trash preferences, etc, but each time after installing FCPX fresh, these elements are still missing.

Initially, when I first purchased FCPX, additional content such as themes were downloaded in a software update. Since it appeared my files were missing, I was sure after a fresh install that software update would see that and redownload those files, but it doesn't. It says my software is up to date.

An Apple tech did suggest I install FCPX under a separate user account, which I did, and that seemed to fix everything. BUT, I don't want to have to work in FCPX in another user account. Obviously, something is causing a disconnect, and I would really apprecaite help in resolving this issue. I leave for Israel in less than two weeks and will be working in FCPX daily. I need to get this fixed.

Here is what Video effects looks like. Its only showing two, which are shaded, and every other effect is missing. Strangely enough, it seems all the Audio filters remained in tact.

User uploaded file

Here is what my Audio tab looks like. It used to have multiple folders of Sound FX and music beds that carried over from Soundtrack Pro.

User uploaded file

Here is what the Transitions tab looks like. Nada.

User uploaded file

And Titles, Generators, and Thems all look like this. Completely empty.

User uploaded file

Please Help!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 8GB RAM

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 5:43 PM

There are no replies.

transitions, audio, generators, filters missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.