Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Cannot connect to iTunes Store." Why?

Both my iPad and iPhone keep showing that i have App Updates. When I enter the Apple Store I can download any apps, to purchase or look through... But, i cannot download any of my 4 Updates. Very strange! just say's "Cannot connect to iTunes Store." Although, I can still look for, and purchase apps? Doesn't make any sense...

Yes, I already logged off of my Apple ID Store, in the Settings section. Then resigning back in. Plus I restarted my router, and of course reset both devices, but still nothing...

This is happening on both my iPad & iPhone as well!

Anyone have the same problem?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

Matt

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 8:23 PM

It may just be a temporary problem with the iTunes store. To check this a) open up Safari on both of your devices, and b) go to appleid.apple.com. If you can get to that website, then your devices can access secure web sites (the iTunes store is a secure web site) and the problem is with the iTunes store.

18 replies

Aug 22, 2012 10:08 PM in response to BeersYourFriend

I am getting the same message, however I somehow have 2 apple id's (I have my original itunes id and then my new one I guess I created when I got my iphone) I made purchses using both id's on my ipad not realizing it- I have reset my ipad completely, erased everything off manually etc. I reconnected to my itunes to manually put a few things back on inclduing my music library. I have app updates (8 of them from my original itunes id) that cannot update because it says canno connect to itunes store- however I can still get into the app store and purchase apps and music. A few new updates came in yesterday with the second apple ID and it said the saemthing after I entered my password. This apple ID (the second one) is the one I use on my phone- it works fine on my phone and I can buy songs and apps and update no problem. I also think I purchsed music with both apple Id's on the ipad. So we are in the same boat- I don't know what to do.. I am so totally frustrated too!

and to top that off, tried to listen to music via my itunes on my pc today- and ALL of my music library is GONE. I logged out of one apple ID and checkd the other- gone too! but th music is all still on my phone and ipad- which is confusin th heck outta me-

Any advice?

ashley

Aug 22, 2012 10:40 PM in response to BeersYourFriend

I have the same problem: The red number indicator in my App Store Icon is showing, but whenever I try to access the "Updates" panel in the App Store, I always get the error message: "Cannot Connect to ITunes Store." This, despite the fact that my connection seems to be working fine, both via Wi-Fi or 3G, since I can still browse for Apps in the App Store, check my emails, browse in Safari and access the ITunes App in either. I already tried signing in and out of my Apple ID and turning on and off my phone, but the problem still persists. I am using an Iphone 4s with IOS 5.1.1., by the way.

My advice would be to send an email to the ITunes Support Team and just wait for any response. That, or perhaps the more drastic measure i.e., Reset all settings. Personally, I have just tried the first. If I don't get any response within the next 48 hours (as the ITunes Support Team automated mail said it would), I just might try the second more drastic measure.

Aug 22, 2012 10:54 PM in response to The Dark Knight

I'm hoping that most people are having this issue, and they will correct the issue. They have moderators who relay a common problem to the Apple Team. I Hope... I really think this is some issue On Apples end, most likely updating thing for iOS 6. And, hopefully the Update section of the Apple Store will be fixed before September 12~, or around the time of the iPhone 5 is revealed... Or, then a lot of us are going to reset our device, which I doubt will fix the issue even then. This is an Apple Issue, and would not recommend resetting everything. So, I'm going to wait it out a few more days, and update my device using ITUNES ON MY COMPUTER... Only way to update your apps... If you see a new app update, then connect it to your computer, for now..............

Apple, just fix this stupid issue, please!

Or, an answer...

"Cannot connect to iTunes Store." Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.