Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"UPDATES" PANEL SAYS "CANNOT CONNECT TO ITUNES STORE"

The red number indicator in my App Store Icon is showing, but whenever I try to access the "Updates" panel in the App Store, I always get the error message: "Cannot Connect to ITunes Store." This, despite the fact that my connection seems to be working fine, both via Wi-Fi or 3G, since I can still browse for Apps in the App Store, check my emails, browse in Safari and access the ITunes App in either. I already tried signing in and out of my Apple ID and turning on and off my phone, but the problem still persists. I am using an Iphone 4s with IOS 5.1.1., by the way.

Any help or suggestion to solve this problem would be very much appreciated.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 10:58 PM

12 replies

Aug 23, 2012 3:11 PM in response to The Dark Knight

Same problem here too. Only on my iphone though not my ipad. same appleId on both. signed out of iphone, restarted logged back in and same problem. btw 4S on 5.1.1 on at&t. nothing wrong eith my data and i can still purchase apps,music, vids etc.... Any body have a solution short of a restore? started about 2 or 3 days ago as well

Aug 23, 2012 9:03 PM in response to The Dark Knight

Well, I think that the prudent recourse we can avail of the moment is just send emails to the ITunes Support team and let them know that a lot of people have this kind of problem. I have personally sent an email myself and just got a reply but, unfortunately, it was just a bunch of generic links not really addressing the problem. Perhaps, if they get enough emails from enough people, Apple would start paying attention and come up with a REAL solution.

Aug 24, 2012 9:10 PM in response to VDUBZ

Thanks! The fix worked! The following did the trick for me: (1) advanced the phone date a year, (2) went back to the Updates panel, (3) got an error message, (4) restored the correct year, and (5) went back to the Updates panel. The Updates panel is now working.

One concern though, there is talk that the Updates error seems to be connected with consistently changing dates on the phone (likely in relation to the CSR racing game). I just want to know, if anyone can explain, how exactly does changing your phone date can lead to an error in the Updates panel?

"UPDATES" PANEL SAYS "CANNOT CONNECT TO ITUNES STORE"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.