Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck in the login loop on MacBook Air?

Recently my MacBook Air has thrown me into a loop where it puts me into the login page, I insert my password, it shows me the main screen for about two seconds an then the blue screen appears, and I am back at my login page. I have tried rebooting, and restarted many times with Safe Mode, but it continues to do the same thing over and over. Sometimes the files saved on my desktop show up before the blue screen takes me back, but mostly all I see is the display picture.

I had a few apps open at the time it started this. I use safari and had a text edit open, as well as finder, all while I was playing a game downloaded from BigFishGames. All of these things I have used before without issue, and I have no software downloaded on my Mac that I have ever had any problems with before, or downloaded anything new aside from one game (the one I was playing, which worked fine for the last few days) and a few word documents from a university site, which again has worked perfectly before with no issues.

I am not sure what exact software it runs on, I'm no tech expert, but I have not made any updates with software recently. I would transfer files and reset with backup, but seeing how my administrator account is also my ONLY account, I'm unable to log into anything at all. I just have the one account, and I am stuck in the loop with it. Any ideas?

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 23, 2012 1:08 AM

1 reply

Stuck in the login loop on MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.