Skip navigation

Mail Problems in 10.8

235 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2012 11:35 AM by onekiel RSS
Jogin Thakore Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 23, 2012 2:41 AM

I cannot send and receive emails on 2 of my 4 accounts on my MBA but can do so on my iphone 4. I can log on their websites and send and receive mail.  Any help please?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion
  • Tony S. Wu Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Aug 23, 2012 8:03 AM (in response to Jogin Thakore)

Check your account settings, very incoming and outgoing server, user name, password, etc.

• onekiel Calculating status...
    Oct 14, 2012 11:35 AM (in response to Jogin Thakore)

I was having the same problem, not receiving incoming mail.  I also received the prompt to verify account information...multiple times.  But I thought to myself, "Why should I have to check my acct. info? I haven't changed any of it!" So I looked at my POP acct. info and sure enough, when I counted the bullets that mask my password, they didn't add up to my ACTUAL password.  I re-entered, and my problem was fixed.

My concern is now this; Why would my password change if I didn't change it?

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.