Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove annotations in Preview -what is possible vs. what is not

I'm hitting a wall on understanding how useful / useless Preview is for me. Specifically, I need to deal with PDF files that contain annotations that were made in several different programs (e.g. Adobe Acrobat on another computer, PDF Expert on the iPad). Is there any way to edit previous annotations made by these other apps in Preview? I have found several descriptions on how to edit annotations when they are made within Preview, but this situation. I realize that I may not be able to remove special annotations that are available on these other apps and not in Preview, but what about thing like simple line highlights or comments?

Mark

Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 23, 2012 10:14 AM

2 replies

Aug 29, 2012 4:42 PM in response to MEW77

As no one has replied to this, I thought I would chime in to say that I still don't know if this is possible in Preview, but it is in the app. PDFpenPro by Smile. With your PDF open in that app., go to script menu and chose "remove all imprints" and voila, all annotations are removed.

Remove annotations in Preview -what is possible vs. what is not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.