Previous 1 2 Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2012 7:27 PM by leroydouglas
howwow Level 4 (3,500 points)

Hello all.

My Mac App Store is never launched unless I do so.

I thought when there is a major OS or software update, I will get a notification via Notification Centre?

My Software Update is set as in the picture attached.

Anyway, I have to launch Mac App Store to see the Mountain Lion update, after that, still no notifcation.

Is something "broken"?

Thanks

<Image/Email Edited By Host>

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion, iPhone 4S 64G, iPad2 3G+WiFi 64G
  • leroydouglas Level 6 (17,750 points)

Patience is a virtue.

• cozar Level 2 (340 points)

I have the same settings. If you have an update ready in MAS, then you should have been notified. I was. But it also depends on your choice for reminders in the notification center.

• Frank Caggiano Level 7 (25,715 points)

I don't know if you're aware of it but the image you posted contains your MAS email/login name.

If you still have edit privileges on the post I'd take it down or edit out the email.

I've alerted the hosts in case you are unable to remove it.

Ok the hosts took care of it.

• howwow Level 4 (3,500 points)

Hello Frank Caggiano,

Thanks!!  It is about 1.15 am when I just posted and I had a long day, never really fully aware I had my MAS email and login name there, should have blank it out with Photoshop.

This is the first time but I must acknowledge the hosts' swift action, thanks again.

Back to the notifciation issue, ya, still not getting it.

• Frank Caggiano Level 7 (25,715 points)

No problem.

For what  it's worth I have the same settings in the preference pane and didn;t receive a notification either. However if I open the Notification center I do see that there is an alert from the App Store telling me I have updates available. Just don't know why it didn't pop up on its own.

regards, now get some sleep before you really screw something up!

Hello Frank,

Thanks!  Then it's "double worse" for me, because I open Notification Center and it is empty inside, before I launch Mac App Store, check for updates, quit and launch again via Software Update.  Now my MAS dock icon has a little "1" red badge, but again, Notification Centre is empty

Cheers.

Oh by the way, I normally go to bed around 2 in the morning, bad long habit, just today had a long intense working day. Thanks again.

• Tgara Level 4 (3,545 points)

You've been drinking too much sake, HowWow! 

When you sober up in the morning, go through the notification setup in the Settings menu.  I can say it actually works great and is one of my favorite features of ML.

I meant to say Notifications in System Preferences in my earlier post, not Notification center. There´s a remind choice - alerts, banners, none.

Still here guys, that's two problems, I am very wide awake and sober, and in my Notification Centre settings in System Preferences, there is NO Mac App Store (icon) to set!

Screen Shot 2012-08-24 at 1.44.08 AM.jpg

See my pics, ok this time I'm pretty sure no important and sensitive data is on it.

• MarkPek Level 2 (155 points)

Hmmm.  Mine didn't notify me either.   There doesn't seem to be an option in System Preferences > Notifications to add Software Update.  I have Software Update preferences set to automatically download updates, but I don't think it has done that either, or I certainly haven't been told that it has.  Hmmmmmm.

Howwow, how did you get Twitter in your notifcations preferences?  I don't have that either . . .

Hi MarkPek, that one is easy.  Go to Mail, Contacts & Calendar settings in Sys Pref, and set up a new Twitter account.  You have to scroll down for more options on the right panel.

Cheers

And yes, my Mac App Store is missing inside Notification Centre, is that a mystery?

Well, I just thougt the Reminders was the one to take care of it.

Ah, thanks!

Previous 1 2 Next