Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion Server - reverse DNS rule for email - reduce spam

Using Mountain Lion server. Email is up and running. Slide rule for SPAM is slid to most agressive. Still spam is coming in too much.

I thought I would try using the Reverse DNS enforcement but I do not know where that is in the GUI. If it not there I need to know where best to set it.

(Is there some web site that has Mountain Lion Server documentation?) I have pre-ordered a book but it is not printed yet.....

I posted this here after being told this group might be more appropriate.

thanks for any help

Ben

Mac mini Server (Mid 2011), OS X Server, email server

Mac mini Server (Mid 2011), OS X Server, email server

Posted on Aug 23, 2012 11:38 AM

3 replies

Aug 23, 2012 12:11 PM in response to jbt540

You are referring to HELO checks. This cannot be set in the GUI (never has been actually). You need to edit /etc/postfix/main.cf. In particular, smtpd_helo_required and smtpd_helo_restrictions are the values you need to tweak. *******Check the Postfix documentation before changing anything. Be sure you understand it. ******** Note that although HELO checks miniminize spam quite a bit, you will occasionally end up blocking legitimate mail. It's a trade-offf.

Mountain Lion Server - reverse DNS rule for email - reduce spam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.