Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad + water = no sound?

I recently dropped my ipad in water and i know its a stupid thing to do but im a stupid person. It was completely submerged in water for about 3-5 seconds i then took it out and used a towel to wipe away all the water i could see it was still working but i couldnt hear anything i tried turning it pff but it didnt work so i left it by itself for about an hour and huzzah it worked like normal but not for long the next day the tilt sensitvity wasnt working and the sound wasnt working eiather i made sure the sound slidder was up but now when i go to youtube i dont hear sound i press the sound thingy and it doesnt do a thing i really need help will it ever work again?

I do not have the protection plan

Posted on Aug 23, 2012 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2012 12:50 PM

If you got the iPad wet and you turned it on without drying it out then the damage is done. It is time to take it to Apple and pay for a repacement.

Recommended dry out procedure is to place it in a ziplock bag with uncooked rice for 5 or 6 days so that the rice can draw the moisture out of the unit.

Allan

8 replies

Aug 23, 2012 12:54 PM in response to SugerCube

Cant give you a promise if its gonna work,

but i read that if you put your ipad in a sealed plastic bag with some silica gel packets and keep the bag in a dry place for a couplemof days, chances are the silica gel might get the moisture out.

Silica gel are those small packets that you find for example in a new bag or luggage case, you moght get them in a craft store.

Since water damage is not covered by apple warranty and tracable by submerge indicators within the device its the best you can do and cross your fingers.

Ipad + water = no sound?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.