Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPod Shuffle 4G status bar wont turn green?

Hello guys, I got a question. I today bought a new iPod Shuffle 4G and it has been plugged into the computer for more than 8 hours now for its initial charge and its still not giving a green light but keep blinking yellow. But when I take it out the voice says "its full" Why is it not turning green ? Is something faulty with the hardware? I use the original USB cable that came with it, I got the latest software installed, it connects to iTunes, everything is working except this.

Thanks in Advance!

K

iPod shuffle, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 23, 2012 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2012 5:54 PM

There are two parts to the "language of the shuffle light."

(1) Blinking means Do Not Disconnect. Not blinking (solid color) means OK to Disconnect. If it is blinking, you need to click the small Eject button next to the shuffle (in the iTunes sidebar) before physically disconnecting it from the computer.

(2) The Color indicates battery charge status. Green means full (or close to full) charge. Orange (yelow) means lower charge. Red means very low charge.

It blinks Orange, but it will never blink Green. So, even if the battery is fully changed, if the shuffle needs to be ejected before disconnecting, it will be blinking Orange. However, if you eject the shuffle without disconnecting it, and the battery is fully charged, the light should turn solid green.

This article has more details...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4310

NOTE: If you use automatic syncing by setting up the shuffle's Music tab in iTunes (instead of the Manually manage music setting), with disk use NOT enabled, iTunes automatically un-mounts the shuffle's "disk" when it is not being synced. Then, the light turns from solid Orange to solid Green when the battery is fully charged, and you can disconnect it without first ejecting.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2012 5:54 PM in response to Karim21

There are two parts to the "language of the shuffle light."

(1) Blinking means Do Not Disconnect. Not blinking (solid color) means OK to Disconnect. If it is blinking, you need to click the small Eject button next to the shuffle (in the iTunes sidebar) before physically disconnecting it from the computer.

(2) The Color indicates battery charge status. Green means full (or close to full) charge. Orange (yelow) means lower charge. Red means very low charge.

It blinks Orange, but it will never blink Green. So, even if the battery is fully changed, if the shuffle needs to be ejected before disconnecting, it will be blinking Orange. However, if you eject the shuffle without disconnecting it, and the battery is fully charged, the light should turn solid green.

This article has more details...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4310

NOTE: If you use automatic syncing by setting up the shuffle's Music tab in iTunes (instead of the Manually manage music setting), with disk use NOT enabled, iTunes automatically un-mounts the shuffle's "disk" when it is not being synced. Then, the light turns from solid Orange to solid Green when the battery is fully charged, and you can disconnect it without first ejecting.

New iPod Shuffle 4G status bar wont turn green?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.