Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airplay mirroring not fast enough on mac, but works on iPad/iphone, what is wrong???

I bought a new mac in Feb and its currently running Mntn Lion, and I have a 2nd Gen apple tv. I have 40plus Mbps and all three devices are in the same room (router, mac, Atv). The airplay mirroring works great on my iphone 4s and The new Ipad, but not on the mac. When I choose airplay mirroring it takes like 30 seconds for it to appear on my apple TV and it updates a new frame like every 15-30 seconds.. its horrible! WHat is wrong??? please help because college football season is starting and I watch most of my games online!!

AppleTV 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 23, 2012 6:02 PM

4 replies

Aug 24, 2012 10:18 AM in response to vazandrew

It seems to pull everything from my mac just fine.. apple tv never has a glitch.. airplay works perfectly. I actually had a a developers copy of Mnt Lion before the release and Mirroring worked perfeclty. since downloading Mountain Lion, I can only get sound sometimes and frames of videos. We moved since then and I do have a new wireless router (a better one) but I cant understand that air play works on my mac and mirroring from my ipad work just fine. The mac is about 12 ft from the router and the router is 5 feet away from the apple TV (a working triangle.. and when we use the ipad to mirror we are the same distance as the mac is.

driving me nuts. everything is updated and there arnt any electronics in between the 3... should I reinstal Mountain Lion?

airplay mirroring not fast enough on mac, but works on iPad/iphone, what is wrong???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.