Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

told i was to have multiple downloads for multiple platforms

I recently purchased a iMac, and downloaded Mountain Lion under the knowledge that I would have five downloads. I was happy about this because I also have a Macbook Pro that I wanted to download it on. Problem is, I don't know how to get this offer without re-paying for it. It should be free, at least according to the Genius Bar associate.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 23, 2012 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2012 6:49 PM

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4854

5 replies

Aug 23, 2012 6:52 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Once you've downloaded it's authenticated under your Apple ID. Just log into the App Store on the other machine(s) and download again.

Depending on what Apple did for you, you may have received an email with a PDF containing a code you can "Redeem" in the App Store. But as I said before, once you do that it's authenticated under the Apple ID. Think of it as an iPhone (or any other) app; once you've bought it, you've bought it.

Aug 23, 2012 6:53 PM in response to erinefree

erinefree wrote:

I recently purchased a iMac, and downloaded Mountain Lion under the knowledge that I would have five downloads. I was happy about this because I also have a Macbook Pro that I wanted to download it on. Problem is, I don't know how to get this offer without re-paying for it. It should be free, at least according to the Genius Bar associate.

Follow Bobs link. You can download it as many times as you need for as many Macs that you own.

Cheers

Pete

told i was to have multiple downloads for multiple platforms

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.