Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP 7 no longer supports device control for sony cameras?

I recently tried to capture some HDV footage from my Sony HVR-A1U miniDV camcorder in FCP 7. It's been a little while since I used this camera, but I am certain that the last time I used it to capture footage it was a controllable device.

I recently upgraded to Snow Leopard, can anyone comment if this rolled-back device control for Sony cameras? It wants me to capture as a "Sony Firewire device" which is listed under "non-controllable devices" I am 100% certain I've previously logged timecode and batch captured with this computer and camera.

It initializes the camera just fine, but it captures with no control, as in "capture now."

I'm on FCP 7.0.3 on a 2 X 2.8 GHz Quad Core Intel OSX 10.6.8.

I've tried all the usual re-starting FCP and the device and plugging in/un plugging iLINK cable etc.

Does anyone have a work-around? I'm not crazy for thinking this used to be possible, right? Should I roll back to Tiger if I want to use this camera?

Final Cut Pro 7

Posted on Aug 23, 2012 7:29 PM

1 reply

FCP 7 no longer supports device control for sony cameras?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.