Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magic mouse interference

Each time I connect my brand new magic mouse to my brand new macbook pro retina, I loose WIFI ... It comes back as soon as I de-activate my bluetooth...

I did try already to change the channel of the WIFI router. No effect...

Any idea on what I shall do?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), magic mouse

Posted on Aug 24, 2012 5:16 AM

1 reply

Feb 11, 2017 6:00 PM in response to regikod

I have had this problem since 2012 same as you. I have talked to genius bar several times and Applecare, many times, and they have never admitted any issues. I show them some of these discussions, and they say there is no proof. Then I show them it doesn't work on the store's network and they blame it on Avast and other software, then they offer to send in my Mac for a week to have it looked at! Like I can do without my Mac for a week. They closed my cases but never solved them...very disappointing. FYI, my wife bought a 12" MacBook and my magic mouse works fine with it, but still not on my 2012 MacBook Pro. I just can't believe they don't know about the problem. They just don't want to pay to solve the problem.

magic mouse interference

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.