Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get webpage URL with new Safari V6.0 under OS 10.74

Now that the URL space of Safari allows searching by key words, and there's no separate Google search box, this poses a problem.

Let's say one wishes to search for images of "kendall jenner model". This will bring you to a Google page of multiple individual images. BUT unlike prior versions of Safari, no long URL is formed so one cannot repost the URL in a forum. So now I must use Chrome or browser other than Safari to get the URL of the entire page. Here are the examples of what one is left with in the URL box:

• Old Safari URL (or Chrome): https://www.google.com/search?q=kendall+jenner+model&hl=en&prmd=imvnsuo&tbm=isch &tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=1pw3UK63LsmwiQKvxIHoDQ&ved=0CCAQsAQ&biw=1050&bih=639

• New Safari URL: kendall jenner model (which is useless)

QUESTIONS: Using Safari V6.0, how does one get the entire page URL ? Can the dedicated Google search box at the top be revived so that the proper URL appears in the central top box ?

Posted on Aug 24, 2012 8:29 AM

13 replies

Aug 27, 2012 7:25 AM in response to hpr3

Hi there. Thought I'd add some more info to this thread.

Using tools like Launchbar bring me to a Google Images page. The search works, but if I want to use that URL in an email, I can't seem to get it. Having that URL available for manipulation is always useful. At this point, Apple has convenienced information away from my grasp and it's causing a real problem.

Cheers

Aug 27, 2012 11:43 PM in response to MacPcConsultant

Safari 6 is crap and I continue to use 5.1 7. Hang the security updates, Apple doesn't have to be lemming and follow the browser crowd. Other, p-poor additions/changes/features? E.g., stupid tab sizingf that covers the entire page (there wasn't anything wrong with the fixed tab feature that shrunk when too many were opened, moving the empty cache option to the Develop menu, clearing history now dumps caches, removes website icons, and clears the list of recent searches. and, finally, no way to set a different standard and fixed font and their sizes.

Aug 28, 2012 3:16 PM in response to baltwo

Just found the cure for Safari 6.0 under 10.74

In Safari preferences, changed the default search engine from Google to Yahoo. Now whenever, for example, a search is made in Google's images, and other websites, the full URL shows in the address line.

Now all websites show the full URL, even through they were derived from search words in the URL field.

How to get webpage URL with new Safari V6.0 under OS 10.74

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.