Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is wrong with safari

Okay - is Safari ever going to work right? It doesn't even recognize links from Mac Mail. It can't refresh a page. It finds a security issue with everything. I have looked up and tried all the mini-fixes online, but it still goes back to the same behaviour - which degrades the longer you use it. Why isn't Apple addressing this as a serious problem? I would be embarrassed to be on the tech support side trying to explain something that shouldn't have gone on this long. And, my bet is that in the stores the geeks are trying to convince unknowing customers that it's on their side - especially if they are using Windows or an older version of Mac OS - both of which I am not. Anyone listening there at Apple? Got a solution?

Posted on Aug 24, 2012 11:26 AM

4 replies

Aug 24, 2012 2:42 PM in response to sister mary constance

Why isn't Apple addressing this as a serious problem?

Because it's not a problem with Safari, which works fine for me and millions of other people. It's a problem with your misconfigured system.

Anyone listening there at Apple?

No.

Got a solution?

Got a better description of the problem, starting with your OS X and Safari version numbers? Complete, verbatim text of error messages? Steps to reproduce?

Aug 25, 2012 9:51 AM in response to Linc Davis

Maybe if you read other people's posts you would realize it's not my computer alone. Unfortunately, there isn't a "this guy is a real jerk" button to click. I've already sent Apple plenty of descriptions, error msg's, etc. - just like everyone else. Maybe you should have looked that up before sending someone you don't know insulting emails such as this.

Aug 25, 2012 10:20 AM in response to Linc Davis

Community etiquette

Apple Support Communities exists to enable community members to help each other get the most out of their Apple products and services. To keep this community useful to everyone, follow these guidelines:

• Post only technical support questions and answers, unless otherwise noted.
  • Be polite, constructive and stay on topic.
  • Search for questions similar to your own before submitting a new question to the community.
  • Reward helpful community members by marking answers to your questions as helpful and correct.
  • Avoid speculation and rumors.

For full details, see the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.

Aug 25, 2012 10:38 AM in response to sister mary constance

You don't seem to have read or understood the Terms of Use that you agreed to when you registered on this site. You're not talking to Apple representatives here; you're asking other users of Apple products -- who don't owe you anything and don't know what information you may have sent to Apple -- to help you in their spare time. Being antagonistic is the best way to make sure they won't do it.

what is wrong with safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.